Oh my... It's 71 already~~


I was listening to the radio en route to work this morning. And I was shocked that there is another death cause by the pandemic influenza A H1N1. Oh no! My oh my... When will the number stop? Correct me if I am wrong, I think that the rate of death in Malaysia too rapid. I mean, for a country that reported the first case after WHO announced phase 6 and dozens of other country have been infected. Huh! Read here for update from MOH.

Dear reader, we have to take action. Yup! We must act. How to? TAKE PREVENTION.. (well, if you can do the 'family planning', u sure can do this!).


Prevention of Influenza A H1N1.
  • Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue upon coughing and sneezing followed by proper disposal of the tissue.
  • Assuring adequate and thorough handwashing and use alcohol based hand cleansers (if possible).
  • Encouraging pursuit of medical evaluation at earliest onset of symptoms. (Now that all hospitals is alerted, there is a dedicated measure to handle influenza like illness (ILI)).
  • Staying home form work and/or school upon onset and for the duration of symptoms.
  • Use of masks to those who are exhibiting symptoms or who are ill, those who are not, it is encourage to wear mask when you are in public places.
  • Avoiding contact with ill persons, maintain a 3 to 6 foot perimeter around a coughing patient.
  • Keep the workplace / study classes, workstations and clean with alcohol based hand cleansers, especially items commonly shared with other people. (Ehem, I know it seems hard to be done, well, if you can do it, sgtla bagus).
  • Providing tissues in common areas of homes, common and public areas. (Sedekah jariah di bulan Ramadhan).
  • Call your doctor for advice.
We must help ourselves. I believe that we can help in restraining the 'pandemic'ness of this virus. I've been ill in the pass 2 weeks (remember me and my measles?). So, I know, the 'teruk'ness of getting infected, esp the demam. Alhamdulillah I've recovered and free from H1N1 virus. At least, make sure that your body is healthy. That way, you can fight better.

p/s: Wish that the highly anticipated vaccine will be fairly distribute, so as the antiviral.
p/s/s: I did not meant any discrimination ok, with the tagline in the pic. =p


1 comments:

Rozie said...

ratna, here we have "catch it, kill it, bin it" campaign and it works. how? cover your mouth with tissue (not bare palm!) then straight away bin the infected tissue. don't forget to wash your hands (if possible do about every 2 hours, wash the hands i mean of coz!) insyaallah...

Post a Comment