My Sister's Keeper

What a movie.. Such a heartwarming adaptation. The movie is based on Jodi Picoult's novel. I never read the book or anything by her actually. I might get one myself. My Sister's Keeper, read the synopsis here.

For me, the plot is so 'humane'. You can feel all the emotions. And be warned that is one of those movies where you know, there's a chance that you might end up in tears by the end, but I'm afraid it's true.

The struggle between life and death, not only for Kate, but also for the whole family, is heartwarming. For me, I saw a different turn for Cameron Diaz (Sara), somehow she seems very comfortable in this role. And Sofia Vassilieva (Kate) shows both sides of cancer. The heartache and the pain, but also the beauty in how tragedy can bring families together. Abigail Breslin as usual, for me act effortless which resulted with a very strong gestures and emotions.

I love this line: Kate says, "I don't mind my disease killing me. But it's killing my family, too!". Well, we might not realise that sometimes, our loves is so huge (in this movie, Sara), that it engulfs us, resulting us to be over protective. Hurting others along the way. Maybe the key in handling this is 'balance'.

Anyhow, enjoy the movie guys, I totally recommends it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment